Welcome to Not Quite an Adult!
Well, you’ve made it to my about page, so this means we’re best friends now. I really hope you’re okay with that!
My name is Taylor O’Halloran and it’s really nice to finally meet you.
Somehow you’ve stumbled upon this small slice of the internet that I’ve been able to turn into my full-time job. I write about money and help people just like you be better with their money, and even teach them amazing ways to make more money.
It’s a really fulfilling job and I absolutely love hearing from you guys in my email inbox each and everyday. Your stories are inspiring and they make me strive to teach more and be a better human each day.
Before we get into the reasons why I started NQAA and all that, lets go into some random facts about me so we can get to know each other a little bit better.
- I’m a Baby Grandma. No, this doesn’t mean that I’m a 25-year-old actual grandmother, that would be kinda weird. But, I love using the term baby grandma to describe myself. This means that every night I’m in bed before 10PM, I spend most of my time wearing a bathrobe and slippers and sometimes I yell at children to get off my lawn (just kidding, but it’ll probably happen sometime soon).
- Canadian, eh? I’m Canadian! I’m not even joking when I tell you I add “eh” to the end of at least 10 sentences a day and my German-born boyfriend laughs at me just about everytime he realizes I say it.
- Dachshunds. I’m obsessed with dachshunds (aka wiener dogs). I have one of my own named Marshmallow, well, his full-name is Marshmallow Sparkle Pancake. As of right now, Marshmallow is the only other employee of Not Quite an Adult. His job description? Well, he’s the chief snack officer. I made sure to add a cute photo of my baby, so you could enjoy his smiling face.
Overall, I’d say I’m a pretty average 20-something.
So, why did I start this blog?
I get this question a lot, both from readers, and from people who ask what I do for a living. It’s a valid question, because who randomly decides to start writing about money and turns it into their full-time career at 23 years old? Well, I did!
When I graduated University in 2017, I knew pretty much nothing about money. Seriously, I graduated with a business degree, took finance classes, and accounting classes but still didn’t understand the simplest things about budgeting.
I started searching for helpful financial resources online and I found that they were either (1) written by (and for) people with families or (2) written like an essay and were extremely hard to understand.
There was VERY LITTLE financial education that was entirely directed towards people who were 18-30 and single.
And that’s why I started Not Quite an Adult. Also, I love the name of this blog, because I feel like anybody in their 20s feels like a fake adult and really doesn’t know what they’re doing 99.9% of the time.
So, where should you go from here?
Well, first off. Please don’t ever hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, comments, or concerns because I do this FOR YOU.
I don’t want anybody to be graduating school and not knowing how to create a basic budget.
I’ve also included an opt-in form for you to join my email newsletter to stay up to date on all things Not Quite an Adult. It’s a really fun place to be and I love hearing your stories when readers reply to the emails, it brightens my week.
Now that you’re a member of the Not Quite an Adult family, here’s some of my absolute FAVOURITE blog posts and some that the community seems to really enjoy too!
- 21 Money Hacks You Need to Know
- 11 Tips to Pay Off Student Loans Fast
- 32 Things Frugal People Never Do
- 13 Things Frugal People Never Pay For
Also, enjoy this hilarious picture of myself, my younger sister, and our beloved Marshmallow. We are weird, and we love it.